The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is the principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. The BLS is an independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates essential statistical data to the American public, the U.S. Congress, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, business and labor. The BLS also serves as a statistical resource to the Department of Labor (DOL).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will serve as a Human Resources Specialist (Labor Relations) in the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Office of Administration, Division of Human Resources and Organization Management, Branch of Labor Relations, whose primary purpose is to provide operational policy guidance and services to BLS managers and supervisors regarding labor relations.
Duties of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a senior specialist and technical expert in labor relations.
- Serves as a management advisor in dealings with labor organizations on Agency-wide issues pertaining to the potential impact of negotiations and third-party decisions concerning management rights as defined in statute and union contracts.
- Analyzes very sensitive, complex, and controversial labor relations matters to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Writes management proposals for negotiations, grievance decisions for managers, and responses to information requests and unfair labor practice charges.
- Analyzes grievances, complaints, and unfair labor practice charges to identify systemic problems and recommend solutions.
- Participates in all phases of arbitration.
13 - This position is at the Full Promotion Potential.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522817600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.