The Psychologist will provide a full range of evidenced based psychological diagnostic services including the use of psychological testing and performing psychological evaluations to clarify DSM-5 diagnoses and/or comorbid diagnoses to inform treatment planning for Women Veterans and Veterans with a history of MST. The Psychologist position will be located at the Eastern Oklahoma VA Healthcare System in Tulsa OK, reporting to the Behavioral Medicine Service.Learn more about this agency
The Psychologist is responsible for answering consults for the Women's Mental Health/MST Treatment Program. The Psychologist will conduct intakes and assessment procedures appropriate to the consult, and make appropriate referrals for Women Veterans and Veterans with a history of MST. The Psychologist will implement evidence-based individual and group therapy treatment services and will be responsible for monitoring recovery outcomes.
The Psychologist performs individual and group therapeutic interventions using evidenced based therapeutic techniques for Women Veterans and Veterans with a history of MST such as but not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seeking Safety, Skills Training in Affective and Interpersonal Regulation, Exposure, Relaxation, and Re-scripting Therapy for Trauma-Related Nightmares, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and other clinical interventions which are clinically privileged.
- The Psychologist performs psychosocial assessments for individuals with a history of military sexual trauma and women with DSM diagnoses and/or comorbid diagnoses such as but not limited to: substance use, trauma related, anxiety, mood, psychotic, and personality disorders for purposes of diagnostic clarification and treatment planning recommendations.
- The Psychologist will collaboratively work with Veterans to treatment plan based on the results of the assessment.
- The Psychologist will regularly attend and participate in treatment team meetings ensuring a multidisciplinary approach and best possible care is being provided to Women Veterans and Veterans with a history of MST.
- The Psychologist provides clinical services to Women Veterans, Veterans with a history of MST, and family members.
- The Psychologist is responsible for developing and maintaining VA and community social services resources and will refer veterans to needed services.
- Psychologist will be responsible for 24/7 ER on-call rotation as scheduled. Psychologist will be available during those time to present in person to the ER for crisis assessment. Psychologist will make appropriate recommendations depending on the assessment with the veteran and plan for continuation of care
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522815400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.