Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to apply multi-discipline knowledge in the planning, research, design, development, test, evaluation, integration, acquisition, dissemination, sustainment, modification, and/or exploitation of complex electronic systems to support the organization's mission objectives.
- Performs a broad range of assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies.
- Utilizes scientific inquiry in the independent development of mathematical models and computer programs to evaluate and predict the ability to support assigned projects, studies, or problems.
- Serves as an expert on modeling and simulation techniques. Develops models to test, analyze, and evaluate algorithms and other logic.
- Provides technical guidance, advisory support, and assistance on an entire project and/or major phases for broad and varied operations.
- Attends meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to program planning, advanced technologies, and support system concepts.
- Performs very complex, difficult studies/evaluations on an individual basis or as a team member/leader responsible for completing phases of an overall work effort.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- For more information on Acq Demo please go to DoD AcqDemo Homepage http://acqdemo.hci.mil/ and Fact Sheet http://acqdemo.hci.mil/faq.html
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- A degree in Engineering is required, being generally focused on principles, applications and technologies of computing with an emphasis on data, data structures, user interfaces, usability and test engineering.
- This position has been designated as an acquisition position and is covered by the Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP). Position has been identified as Level II, Non-critical, SPRDE.
- The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting, Defense Acquisition Work improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
QualificationsBasic Requirements for NH-0854/0855-03, Computer/Electronics Engineer
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must meet the basic education requirements for the NH-0854-03, Computer Engineer or NH-0855-03, Electronics Engineer and have, or within 90 days of the closing date will have, at least one year of specialized experience at the at the next lower broadband (NH-02) equivalent to the next to lower grade (GS-11) in Federal service or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized experience must include analysis and specification of system requirements, the conceptual design or modernization of circuits, systems, computer and network systems, and the establishment of test requirements and validation procedures to measure performance quality and reliability. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official Transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. Click here to view occupational requirements for this position.
Experience requirements are described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-PROF to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the NH-0854/0855, Computer Engineer/ Electronic Engineer https://www.opm.gov/policy-dataoversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/files/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800.pdf
Basic Requirements for NH-1550-03 Computer Scientists Positions
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants meet the basic education requirements for the NH-1550-03, Computer Scientist and have, or within 90 days of the closing date will have, at least one year of specialized experience at the next lower broadband (NH-02) equivalent to the next to lower grade (GS-11) in Federal service or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized experience must include conducting of preliminary investigations and analyses relating to computer systems integration; developing technical data and writing of formal specifications and the designing and implementation of computer models and simulations. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Specialized Experience requirements are described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1500/computer-science- series-1550/
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, and/or other scientific concepts, principles, standards, methods, techniques, practices, and procedures.
2. Knowledge and understanding of agency, AF, Department of Defense (DoD) and national-level doctrine, regulations, policies, guidelines, requirements, and initiatives related to assigned program(s) and/or project(s).
3. Knowledge of security procedures to maintain control of classified material.
4. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, investigate, resolve complex issues or problems, and modify standard practices and techniques to solve complex interrelated problems.
5. Skill, judgment, resourcefulness, originality, and ability to foresee the impact of changing technology.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, in order to produce highly technical reports, position papers, and briefings; resolve conflicts based on mature judgment and experience; effectively negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relationships.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference. Noncompetitive applicants do not need to respond to the assessment questions with the A through E responses indicating level of experience/training.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if required for the position.
- If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
- Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
- Applicants must refer to the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide (link provided above) for a complete list of required documents for each eligibility you identify.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information.
Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 02/12/2019
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10410679
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10410679
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
AddressAF Life Cycle Management Center
2000 Allbrook Drive
Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522798000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.