The Hershel "Woody" Williams VA Medical Center is seeking a full time Staff Dentist.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation may be authorized for high qualified candidates.
Staff dentist duties include performing all phases of dentistry including but not limited to restorative dentistry, fixed and removable prosthodontics, periodontics, endodontics, and oral surgery. Incumbent must have diagnostic skills to triage, diagnose, and manage a broad spectrum of dental problems in a patient population who are medically complex and compromised.
A Staff Dentist will need to be able to provide professional guidance to dental assistants, hygienists and laboratory technicians. Incumbent must practice in accordance with accepted professional standards, organizational values, and with a commitment to excellent customer service. Incumbent needs to possess computer skills, strong work ethics, administrative skills, able to function in a clinical environment, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with dental assistants, hygienists, dentists, and other hospital staff to treat a range of patients with chronic and acute conditions.
- Perform examinations through observation and use of dental equipment and tools.
- Information technology skills, computer, outlook, with ability be able to interpret x-rays.
- Must be able to look for needed repairs, immediate and future needs of the patient by examining for small cracks, diseases of the gums, level of plaque.
- Must be able to treat patients with interest in the welfare of others and a sympathetic manner, especially patients with fears.
- Treatment will be for patients with chronic and co-morbid conditions
- Understanding of Dental eligibility criteria.
- Carry out agreed clinical treatments such as restoring teeth affected by decay and treating periodontal disease
- Accurate completion of encounter for services provided in the electronic health record.
- Ensure equipment is restocked and tools are in good repair.
- Manual dexterity and technical dental skills, with the ability to maintain intense concentration for prolonged periods.
- Compliance with all JC standards, VA Dental directives, MCM, SOPs, and guidelines are in place with timely updates as required, to include eligibility criteria.
- Incumbent will also perform other related duties as assigned
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00a-4:30p
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522785900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.