As a Director for Compliance RAD you will serve as an expert advisor for Economics and the Deputy Comptroller for Risk Analysis on all compliance risk analysis matters. Plan, organize, implement and direct activities associated with delivering expertise on economic and econometric aspects of banks' risk modeling, measurement, and tools associated with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), Fair Lending, and other consumer protection-related risk.Learn more about this agency
* This vacancy announcement has been amended to extend the closing date to 02/19/2019.
As a Supervisory Financial Economist (Director for Compliance RAD) you will:
- Develop, direct, and supervise the Economics Department and Compliance RAD's support for exams of national banks' and thrift savings associations' use of quantitative models, economic and econometric modeling and modeling approaches, and econometric and statistical measurement related to fair access of credit, the Bank Secrecy Act, and anti-money laundering.
- Provide direction to assure high-quality examination support by Compliance RAD staff for OCC bank supervision in the assessment and evaluation of banks' models and modeling strategies and approaches within the Compliance RAD focus areas.
- Establish, oversee, and direct a robust Compliance RAD research agenda that focuses on external publication of economic research on critical questions in risk modeling and the supervision of model use, sampling, and validation approaches used by banks, and emerging as new technology.
- Provide leadership to develop and personally maintain expertise in econometrics, statistics, quantitative modeling, and related applied economics, as well as associated statistical software and technology tools (e.g., SAS, STATA, SQL, R, Python, etc.), and data sources.
- Expertise in fair lending, anti-money laundering, and other relevant consumer related issues, as they apply to banking and the financial services industry.
Occasional travel - Travel occasionally to attend conferences and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522781100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.