Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (CT) at this grade level are to be qualified to provide services in specialized areas of Radiologic technology listed above general Radiologic technology services. The incumbent's principle responsibilities are to perform CT scan (Computed Tomography) procedure for the patients of this medical center.Learn more about this agency
Must possess advanced American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) and advanced registry in Computed Tomography (CT)
- Receives patients, explains methods of procedures, position patient and makes exposures necessary for the requested examination.
- Prepare oral and injectable contrast and other mixtures as necessary.
- Confers with Radiologists to establish requirements of nonstandard examinations, determines technical factors and properly positions patients.
- Evaluates the nature of critical and emergency procedures and rearranges patient priorities to accommodate them
- Perform examinations on patients according to protocols and parameters set forth by department or procedures by a radiologist Performs radiographs and computed tomography exams as prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner,
- Determines radiographic technique exposure factors and effectively plans the table before and during exposure
- Provide training to student radiographers from affiliated programs and facilities for the attainment of established program objectives.
- Perform clerical duties related to patient care
- Perform picture archival duties. The technologist captures images, configures the images and verifies patient information before transmitting them to the picture archive system (PACS).
- Be responsible for the quality assurance of images (positioning, labeling, technique, network information, patient notes) prior to transmission to the PAC's network.
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00 am- 4:30 pm On-call duty on a rotating basis to ensure 24/7 suport.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522779900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.