About the Position: Identify/oversee/review financial audits performed by independent public accounting (IPA) firms in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS)-funded contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements for Afghanistan reconstruction. Use expert knowledge to review audit programs and draft audit reports prepared by the IPA; establish reporting procedures, and discuss audit findings; resolve problems, and follow the progress of the audit engagement.Learn more about this agency
- Develop financial audit programs and align audit steps with risk assessment.
- Test and examine accounting systems and records, cost representations, internal controls, and management policies and practices, to assure compliance with contract requirements, accounting and auditing principles, and standards and regulations.
- Demonstrate ability in preparing financial audit reports, developing audit findings, and making conclusions and audit recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills are needed to meet and work effectively with other team members and all levels of authority to exert a positive influence.
- Organizational skills at documenting and supporting audit work.
- Extensive experience in communicating complex and technical information orally and in writing.
- Assess risks and develop appropriate financial audit plans and procedures to address them.
- Become certified and to assume the duties of Contracting Officer's Representative.
- Knowledge of and experience in Department of Defense Contracting/and grant-making is highly desired.
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel may be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522759200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.