The clinical and programmatic activities subsumed under this position are conducted as part of the Intensive Community Mental Health Recovery Services-Rural Access Network for Growth Enhancement (ICMHR-RANGE) program, an outpatient intensive clinical case management program in the Valley Coastal Bend Mental Health Care Line.Learn more about this agency
Position is being amended and open until filled. Applicants that applied before do not need to re-apply.
The incumbent provides a full range of therapeutic & case management services including assessments, consultations and therapies to patients in the ICMHR-RANGE program including, but not limited to:
- Frequent, direct contacts with consumers to provide therapy and support. Frequency of contacts is increased in times of crisis.
- Flexibility in Veteran contact (Veterans are seen in any location and with any RANGE team clinician who can provide assistance).
- A focus on strengthening the consumer's ability to address acute and chronic problems.
- Use of naturalistic community settings for teaching and modeling problem-solving skills.
- Provision of continuity of care within the framework established by ICMHR-RANGE. For example, collaborates and consults with other interdisciplinary treatment teams and programs to promote and enhance the care provided.
- Outreach and assertive provision of services to treatment resistant members.
- Mobilization of environmental and organizational supports, including family members, professional, and other interested parties.
- Provides evidence based individual, family or group psychotherapies based on assessment and diagnosis.
- Offers Psycho-educational programs for Veterans, families and staff. The incumbent is also responsible for linking participants to other VA programs and to community resources.
- Participate in team staffing regarding member selection, determination of treatment plans and goals, progress evaluation, discharge planning, and after care.
- Work assertively and consistently with inpatient teams to assure continuity of care by providing consultation regarding clinical needs, treatment plans, and case management services for assigned members. Works to promote appropriate treatment, rehabilitation, and expeditious discharge of assigned members, consistent with program goals and with the individual treatment plans.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - Daily travel within a 60 miles radius for daily Veteran Care.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522719000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.