The Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center is seeking to fill a full time Administrative Officer position in Wichita Kansas.Learn more about this agency
This position will provide Administrative Officer duties for Radiology and the Laboratory. Designated time is 60% Radiology and 40% Laboratory.
Salary range:GS 9 - $50,598 - $65,778/annum
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Duties of the Radiology/Laboratory Administrative Officer includes but are not limited to:
- Independently provides for the overall administrative management of the Service, by evaluating and advising on the organization, methods and procedures for providing administrative support systems such as records, communications, directives, forms, files and documentation.
- Work collaboratively with other managers/Service Lines in the Medical Center to find effective resolutions to operational problems and ensure a smooth interface with other Services, and customers both internal and external to the Medical Center.
- Responsible for the daily service operations to include independently planning, organizing and executing administrative actions, preparing complex memorandums and communications for the local facility, VISN 15 and National purposes, as appropriate.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency through processes of the Service Line program operations in meeting established goals and objectives utilizing the data of VSSC, Pyramid, MCAO, ARC, VistA and other analytical systems.
- Monitor provider-specific utilization patterns, performance measures, utilization, cost data and human resource fiscal expenditures (salary/overtime). The Administrative Officer prepares cost/benefit analysis that enable executive management to make informed decisions regarding the service activities and resources.
- Compile, coordinate and complete facility responses to recurring and nonrecurring service special reports for review by the Chief of Staff's office, Medical Center Director, VISN Program Leads and/or national program office when requested.
- Monitor and manages resources of the Service to ensure that the organization functions within its budget.
- Provide guidance to management and program personnel on budgetary and finance issues. Manages budget projection/formulation and execution for service expenses. The incumbent also manages the Service's fund control points.
- As the primary administrative representative for the Service, the incumbent manage procurement and contracting.
Position Description/PD#: 09121-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522697800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.