This position is located in the Energy Projects section of the Office of the General Counsel (OGC). OGC-Energy Projects provides legal advice to the Commission on a wide range of regulatory issues, with emphasis on energy infrastructure development and environmental matters. Staff attorneys work with wildlife biologists, archaeologists, engineers, environmental scientists, land use planners, and other experts to analyze and resolve issues arising from the proposed construction and operation of natural gas pipeline and storage projects, liquefied natural gas facilities, and hydropower projects. Attorneys in OGC-Energy Projects advise the Commission on issues relating to the Federal Power Act, Natural Gas Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and other relevant statutes.
Under the supervision of a Managing Attorney you will:
- draft legal memoranda and orders addressing energy project development applications;
- perform legal research and analysis of legal decisions, opinions, rulings, memoranda, and other documents;
- conduct legal research for authorities and precedent on specific points of law;
- review environmental documents associated with energy project development applications;
- provide advice to Commissioners and other senior officials;
- meet with project applicants, staff of other federal and state agencies, and other stakeholders;
- participate in site visits, environmental scoping meetings and other field activities;
- apply the statutory provisions of the Federal Power Act, Natural Gas Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and other laws in orders and memoranda addressing energy project development applications;
- and receive training in Commission law and policy, legal skills, and environmental matters.
Occasional travel - .
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522618000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.