The Assistant Hospital Housekeeping Officer serves in planning, coordinating, and directing short and long-range operating activities of a total program designed to provide a sanitary environment appropriate to an active and diversified hospital. The employee performs designated administrative and supervisory functions as the Assistant Chief, Environmental Management Service (EMS) in carrying out the responsibilities of their office.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure Medical Center is in compliance with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to service activities in the areas of pest control, waste management, the Environment of Care and other related EPA concerns.
- Participate in groups and committees or may lead teams in preparation for site visits of the above accrediting agencies, (i.e. JCAHO, CARP).
- Ensure compliance with department and medical center directives, and communicates all such directives to subordinate employees. Ensures that recurrent reports to Medical Center Management or VACO are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for overseeing, supervising, implementing and supporting a comprehensive program that reports directly to the Chief, Environmental Management Service.
- Coordinates daily activities of the section with those of other services through verbal and written communications.
- Responsible for implementing a Total Quality Management Plan in order to provide a systematic and rational process for the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the quality of service provided.
- Responsible for the utilization of resources and identification of areas of risk to the Medical Center.
- Performs personnel management functions at the service level including interviewing and hiring new employees, counseling, evaluating performance, developing training plans, and taking disciplinary or adverse action as necessary.
- Actively supports EEO and affirmative action programs. Actively promotes effective labor-management relations and constantly strives to improve employee morale and employee relations.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday.
Telework: Not Available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Assistant Hospital Housekeeping Officer 546-07235-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized for highly qualified candidate.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522611700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.