The Program Analyst is a full performance level, non supervisory position located in the Phoenix VA Health Care System in the Clinical Informatics & Analytics Department.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of the position is to improve the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care by integrating clinical and information processes necessary to achieve successful adoption and application of new technologies throughout the Veterans Health Administration.
Major duties of the Program Analyst (Informatics) include but are not limited to:
- As the knowledge expert for the electronic health record and associated clinical software, and provides users and staff with consultative support and education.
- Consults, advises, and educates all levels of employees including the highest levels of management on methods and means to make health care operation more effective and efficient.
- Integrates knowledge of clinical and information processes to achieve successful adoption and application of new technologies to support health care operations and systems.
- Initiates, develops and executes complex projects that support veterans' health care needs, collaborating effectively in a lead role; assists clinical business end users in reengineering business processes for clinical efficiency and documentation. Represents a wide variety of stakeholders and liaisons with both internal and external organizations.
- Identifies end-users educational requirements and training needs; develops educational programs and instructional materials and appropriate tools to educate the users and support staff at all levels of the organization, and trains others to deliver educational programs.
- Monitors end user satisfaction to drive enhancements and increase performance.
- Examines the need for change throughout the organization, determines what changes need to be aligned and how to do it, and leads or participates on process improvement, root cause analysis and system redesign teams.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Analyst / # 20153A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522590100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.