VA Eastern Kansas HCS is recruiting a Nurse Practitioner NP or Physician Assistant PA to serve as a provider in the Gastroenterology (GI) clinic at the Topeka division of VA Eastern Kansas HCS.The NP/PA executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to management of complex client care.Learn more about this agency
The NP/PA may function in a variety of roles including patient advocate, consultant, leader, educator, administrator, researcher, and/or clinical care expert. Works effectively with all levels of staff, to include collaborative efforts with other health professionals.
Major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Initiates appropriate immediate follow through care to coordinating Surgery/Radiology/Oncology and Fee- basis referrals of positive or suspicious findings
· Obtains relevant health and medical history
· Performs physical examination based on age and history
· Performs or orders preventive / diagnostic procedures based on client's age and history
· Identifies health and medical risk factors
· Triages gastroenterology patients under supervision of facility GI physicians
· Responsible for ordering all GI preps for pending scheduled procedures with a thorough review of current labs, medical history and present condition to ensure the safety of all GI patients
· Initiates pre-op orders and history and physicals for scheduled procedures
· Maintains +FOBT tracking system
· Provides individualized care appropriate to meet patients' identified needs
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday day shift. Shifts may need adjustments based on the needs of the service.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Functional Statement: - Physician Assistant - 00000 or Nurse Practitioner 000000
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522527900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.