THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC), Position Description Number T5246000 and is part of the WASHINGTON 225 SUPPORT SQUADRON, National Guard.
Location: 225 SUT SQ. Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
Appointment Type: T5 Permanent-Excepted Service
As a IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC), GS-2210-11, you will
- Receive and reviews written guidance from a variety of Department of Defense (DoD), federal and state investigative and enforcement agencies and interprets for impact in the state.
- Enforce established policy and guidance for all Information Assurance Systems Officers throughout the state.
- Direct actions required to prevent and/or correct information assurance deficiencies and violations.
- Exercise authority for denial of computer access and coordinates re-establishment of service.
- Assure compliance with security policy for external connections to the state network and assures compliance with the national and state policies.
- Work with the System Security Manager to develop procedures to protect information in the state networks.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systems, devices, procedures, and methods used to safeguard information in computer accessible media and ensures correction of all state deficiencies on systems containing applicable security technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - As required for job training or mission requirements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522510700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.