This position serves as an Inventory Manager in the Commodity Management Division of the Logistics Service in the VA Health Care System responsible for the inventory and lifecycle management of all expendable and non-expendable (NX) supplies and durable medical equipment in the assigned area(s).Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the management and control of an assigned class of expendable materials.
- Serves as the point of contact for the coordination of material support and resolution of logistic problems.
- Conducts forecasting and quantitative analysis; conducts spot checks; and complies with special requirements for firearms, ammunition and sensitive equipment;
- Implements federal and agency programs for the return and reutilization of medical supplies; coordinates disposal of surplus or excess supplies; makes emergent procurement decisions; and participates in root cause analysis process.
- Plans for and determines current and future inventory needs.
- Determines the distribution and utilization of Non-Expendable (NX) equipment.
- Develops acquisition requirements in support of customer needs.
- Analyzes various data points to determine the approach that provides the best value to the customer and agency.
- Conducts short, mid, and long-term advanced planning for new and replacement NX assets, utilizing enterprise-wide computerized planning tools.
- Utilizes a range of well established and commonly applied inventory principles, standard and non-standard methodologies, and concepts to determine need to intervene in the supply system in response to fluctuations in rates of usage, cost, etc.
- Supports customers and acquisition personnel in developing requirements, utilizing mandatory sources and standardization of sources.
- Exercises Ordering Officer Authority in determining best value and contract sourcing.
- Reviews and reports back to Fiscal on listings of delinquent payments and receipts of equipment purchase orders.
- Corresponds with procurement officials, vendors, project engineers and other stakeholders to resolve issues such as inspections, installation, training, and deployment of equipment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522495700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.