The Mental Health Service line is seeking a Registered Nurse to work in the Drug Dependence Treatment Center (Methadone Clinic) at the Outpatient Clinic located on Causeway Street in Boston, Massachusetts.Learn more about this agency
This is a TEMPORARY position not to exceed one year.
The Drug Dependence Treatment Center (DDTC), located at the Causeway Street Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) in Boston, is seeking to hire a Registered Nurse (RN) to work in a specialized opioid treatment program that provides methadone maintenance, drug counseling, and mental health treatment for Veterans with opioid use disorders. The RN provides critical support for the delivery of methadone for Veterans with opioid and other substance use disorders. Major duties include administering daily methadone dosing, providing care management for a caseload of Veterans, performing EKGs, participating in the program's injection clinic, and collecting observed urine drug screens. Experience providing treatments for patients with substance use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric disorders is highly preferred, but not required. Applicants should be energetic, innovative, organized, and enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Work Schedule: 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- This position is an AFGE Bargaining Unit position
- Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized
- Selectee may be required to work at any Boston Healthcare System campus, as needed
- This position is in the Excepted Service
- Veterans' preference does not apply for other current permanent Federal agency employees
- Current and former Federal employees must submit copies of their most recent SF-50, (Notice of Personnel Action). The SF-50 must identify the position title, series, grade, step, tenure and type of service (Competitive or Excepted). In some cases, more than one SF-50 may be required to show a higher grade previously held.
- The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will recommend the grade and salary for new appointments. For internal selectees being promoted, the board will determine grade and HR will determine step in accordance with policy.
- Drug Testing Position: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to other campuses/CBOCs of VA Boston Healthcare System may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522491400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.