About the Position: Sacramento is a progressive city with great pride in its ethnic and cultural diversity and emphasis on quality in the provision of governmental services.Sacramentoans enjoy professional ballet, theater, outstanding museums, one of the best small zoos in the country, and the NBA's Sacramento Kings.Home to the world's second largest urban forest (behind Paris), Sacramento sits just two hours between both San Francisco and Lake Tahoe, at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountains.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a cost engineering technical expert and a regional technical specialist in cost engineering for the military, civil works or Hazardous, Toxic & Radiologic Waste (HTRW) programs for the Sacramento District Corps of Engineers.
- Perform independently specific activities and assignments which are specialized and complex cost engineering duties for Civil Works projects directed by the Chief of Cost Engineering;
- such as planning and leading a broad range of cost engineering technical teams in support of the District?s Civil Works Program,
- with application of civil, mechanical, electrical, and architectural design criteria to produce accurate cost estimates and cost loaded schedules for programming and budgeting.
- Prepare construction contract modifications, claims, acceleration modifications and terminations for the convenience of the Government.
- Act as an expert in cost estimating issues for Office of Counsel in court when requested.
- Serve on Agency Technical Review teams, Quality Control and Quality Assurance Cost Engineering teams, and multi-discipline study management teams;
- performing cost risk and schedule analysis as requested and provide guidance on cost engineering Civil Works estimating policies and regulations to other team members.
50% or less - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 30% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522477200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.