The Iowa City VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for one (1) Medical Support Assistant-Medical Scribe for our Cedar Rapids Community Based Outpatient Clinics.Learn more about this agency
Current Federal employees must apply under the internal job announcement for the position. Internal Announcement # CBCY-10406460-19-AMH
The MSA is responsible for scheduling appointments, including interpreting and verifying provider orders in accordance with VHA national scheduling guidelines. Assignments include, but are not limited to: scheduling, canceling, re-scheduling patient's appointments and/or consults; entering no-show information; monitoring the electronic wait list; preparing for clinic visits; monitoring both inpatient and outpatient appointments for areas of responsibility; ensuring encounter forms are completed in order to obtain appropriate workload credit; verifying and updating demographics and insurance information; processing all emergency and non-emergency transfers to other VA facilities or private hospitals; performing basic eligibility, co-pays, and pre-authorization requirements for specific coverage.Medical Scribe duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting provider in navigating the Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Patient Education and explanation of risks and benefits
- Prepare Referral Letters.
- Responding to various messages as directed by provider
- Researching information requested by the provider
- Operation of electronic dictation system
- Perform all clerical and information technology functions for physician in clinic setting
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522457500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.