The Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO) is the senior supply chain management officer for a VA Health Care System (VA HCS) with multiple sites of care and supported catchment area, responsible for the development and integration of a cohesive, forward-looking supply chain that ensures the logistical requirements of the VA HCS with multiple sites of care and supported catchment area are met. .Learn more about this agency
The VA HCS is an extremely complex medical system (with multiple sites of care) that includes numerous community based outpatient clinics (CBOCs) and other health care activities dispersed over a large geographic catchment area. Additionally, the VA HCS supports an employee equivalent population exceeding 4,000 personnel which includes a large number of residents, interns, and other trainees in a wide variety of medical specialties and health care occupations through a number of affiliation agreements. The VA HCS includes full medical, surgical, and specialty services; research; multiple outpatient clinics; nursing home care units; and often a domiciliary. The system's surgical complexity designation is rated complex based upon the highest VHA level of facility infrastructure.
- Integration: Serves as the senior logistics management officer for a VA HCS (with multiple sites of care) and supported catchment area, integrating acquisitions and procurement, logistics and related support and services for the supply chain, expendable/non-expendable (EX/NX) and capital equipment, inventory management, storage and distribution operations, total supply support, and in some cases transportation, mail room, and reproduction.
- Operations: Serves as the senior VA HCS logistics expert. Maintains extensive knowledge of supply chain systems and requirements necessary to provide direct support to the VA HCS, and technical guidance and assistance to all organizational logistics personnel pertaining to logistics.
- Conducts audits, compliance reviews and program effectiveness and efficiency reviews of all logistics activities to ensure they provide satisfactory levels of service and comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, directives and procedures.
- Oversees all activities involved in providing needed logistics support, to include capital asset planning, strategic sourcing of commodities through vehicles such as the Medical/Surgical Prime Vendor (MSPV) contract and other contract vehicles.
- Serves as the liaison to the VISN, OAL&C and the VHA Procurement and Logistics Office (P&LO); to include the Director of the appropriate Acquisition Service Area Office (SAO).
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 55050-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522389400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.