The Supervisory General Engineer (Chief, Operations) has complete program responsibility, providing engineering review and guidance for Plant Operations and Recurring Maintenance programs of the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS).Learn more about this agency
The following list of duties is not all inclusive:
- Responsible for providing engineering and management direction to comply with legislative and accrediting requirements at VASNHS.
- Develops policies and procedures to comply with these frequently conflicting requirements while minimizing adverse impact to patient care.
- Responsible for ensuring that working conditions and work practices within the section are such that the possibility of on-the-job injuries are minimized (i.e., safety training, worksite inspections, etc.).
- Ensures that all employees within the section are knowledgeable of, and adhere to, policies and procedures set forth in Memorandum No. 05-14 (i.e., reporting instructions, responsibilities, etc.) and in Article 24 of VA-AFGE Master Agreement as they relate to work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Responsible for a comprehensive facilities operations programs that must insure the safety, reliability and efficiency of all equipment, controls and devices employed in the delivery and distribution of electricity, heating, cooling, water, and medical gasses and the collection of waste water throughout VASNHS.
- Responsible for the cost-effective maintenance of the medical center's entire inventory of complex operations equipment, systems, controls and instrumentation.
- Assists the Office of the Chief, which include the Chief and Assistant Chief of Engineering Service (ES) in determining the most effective expenditure of funds allocated for replacement and additional equipment.
- Responsible for the Operations Section training program, in-house cross training, and vendor training, to ensure that the plant operations and maintenance are kept abreast of the changing technology as effectively as possible within the available resources.
- Responsible for evaluation of major failure problems or inadequate performance of operational systems.
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri; 0730 - 4:00 or 8:00 - 4:30
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available.
Telework: Not Available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory General Engineer (Chief of Operations)/00338-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522365500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.