***THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE MEDICAL SERVICE/ CARDIOLOGY- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY LOCATED AT THE WEST ROXBURY CAMPUS***Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The cardiology section of the Department of Medicine of VA Boston Healthcare System West Roxbury Campus is currently recruiting for one full-time Nurse Practitioner position.
The incumbent will perform duties that are associated with the cardiology EP section that will include:
- Management of an outpatient pacemaker-defibrillator clinic
- Inpatient and outpatient arrhythmia consultation
- Inpatient device checks
- Discharges for patients admitted by EP
- Assisting with alerts in remote monitoring of cardiac implantable devices
- Interpretation of ECG, CXR and device tracings
- Refill of anti-arrhythmics, cardiac medications and anticoagulants
- Point of contact for patient phone calls regarding arrhythmia and device issues
- Assessing risks in device advisories
- Fluent feedback communication with referring health care provider
- Consult triage and making arrangements for scheduling outpatient EP procedures including Pre-op testing
- Discharge, patient teaching and follow-up care, anticoagulation use and INR monitoring
The VA Boston Healthcare System, the largest consolidated facility in VISN 1, encompasses 3 main campuses and 6 outpatient clinics within a 40-mile radius of the greater Boston area. The consolidated facility consists of the Jamaica Plain Campus, the West Roxbury Campus, located on the Dedham line; and the Brockton Campus. In addition to the 3 main medical centers, 6 Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs). This role will be located at the West Roxbury Campus.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522338800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.