About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serves as a hydraulic and hydrologic technical specialist for hydraulic, hydrologic and Great Lakes water level related projects. Projects typically include numerical modeling, hydraulic and hydrologic engineering principles related to hydrologic modeling, connecting channel hydraulics, forecasting analysis and techniques, water budget component analysis, and research.
- Oversee the Great Lakes hydrologic missions including: water level forecasting; water level regulation and adaptive management; numeric hydrologic modeling to provide net basin supplies; integration with hydraulic models.
- Oversee the Great Lakes hydrologic missions including: studies of rainfall-runoff characteristics, development and analysis of flood hydrographs, precipitation, evaporation, groundwater and flood zone delineations.
- Takes a lead role in coordination with other agencies including: state and local agencies; other Federal government agencies; Canadian agencies; universities; research facilities; and, non-government organizations.
- Maintains direct liaisons with regional offices of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the National Weather Service, the U.S. Geologic Survey (USGS) as necessary for improved coordination of services and data between agencies.
- Leads research projects and activities to support International Great Lakes water management program.
- Coordinates research and technical activities with other international, Federal, local and state agencies.
- Produces research manuscripts/posters/presentations for inclusion in journals, conferences and other research minded environments.
- Expresses ideas and facts to individuals or groups effectively; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others; facilitates an open exchange of ideas.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position less than 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522201200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.