This position is located in the Specialty Care Service at the Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center; Tuscaloosa, AL. The Specialty Care Pain Management.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is an open and continuous announcement.
Applications will be reviewed every two weeks. If filled prior to the closing date, this recruitment will be terminated.
Physician duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:.
· Work on a team setting with other physicians, nurse practitioners, psychologists, clinical pharmacists, physical therapists, registered
nurses, and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of patients.
· Responsible for developing and implementing treatment recommendations for a wide range of pain syndrome diagnoses.
· Develop and implement treatment recommendations for a wide range of pain syndrome diagnoses.
· Confer with and serve as a consultant to other clinicians,including Physiatrist
· Provide various levels of care such as evaluating medical histories, completing physical exams, orders, analyzing appropriate tests and
· Prescribe medication and rehabilitation services.
· Provide counseling to patients and families.
· Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other medical and mental health care providers.
· Work with the multidisciplinary team which includes, but is not limited to a Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Registered Nurse, and
· Conduct the study of pain, prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of Veterans in pain.
Work Schedule: Full-Time(Day tour with expectations of some extended hours)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522183200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.