You will serve as a Management Analyst in the Civilian Personnel Division of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORTLearn more about this agency
Salary Range for Washington Navy Yard, DC: $56,233 - $106,012
Salary Range for Pittsburgh, PA: $51,905 - $97,852
- You will provide special or detailed data on human resource areas to include analytical, material, statistical, and narrative information, and numerous special and varied organizational and workforce management analyses.
- You will perform continuous submission of requests via the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS) and Department of Energy (DOE) personnel databases.
- You will advise management on matters concerning planning, programming, or organizational design and civilian program issues.
- You will provide civilian program oversight, running reports and comparing employee data in DCPDS and DOE databases to ensure the information is consistent, as we well as various other management reports.
- You will use a variety of reporting methods to query the databases and to provide management with accurate and current information on civilian personnel.
- You will oversee overall coordination of human resources reporting requirements through continual contact with senior management and related staff in Naval Reactors and Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), while ensuring timely response requirements.
- You will provide authoritative expert guidance on the development and implementation of comprehensive performance measures to evaluate progress against strategic program goals and objectives and reporting requirements.
- You will determine effects of new and proposed legislation, regulations and policies on program planning and effectiveness, reporting, and management plans in areas of cognizance.
- You will develop new or revised program planning guidance for activities and program managers to meet changes in policies, directives, guidance, or future reporting requirements.
- You will prepare comprehensive reports of findings and recommendations and briefs program managers and senior level department officials.
- You will carry out program oversight of civilian programs, to include Teleworking, Voluntary Leave Transfer Programs (VLTP), Leave programs, Performance Management, Awards and Actions for both DOE and DON personnel.
- You will plan, lead, and maintain a continuous effort and review of the status progress of human resources actions, programs, issues and projects.
- You will act as liaison to NAVSEA, DOE, and servicing personnel based on knowledge of Office of Personnel Management (OPM), DoD, and DON rules and regulations to update Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for all areas of cognizance.
- You will look for and implement best practices on matters under purview and suggest areas of refinement for administrative work processes.
- You participate in formulating and presenting management improvement plans and strategies to existing policies.
- You will prepare and present oral, as well as written reports, which clearly define the best course of action for managements to follow in achieving mission objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522177200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.