The Charles George VAMC has an immediate opening for a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) GS-08 within our Medicine Service.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Regularly monitors condition of respiratory equipment and notifies supervisory staff of any necessary repair or replacement. When necessary promptly removes defective or malfunctioning equipment/supplies from service and notifies the appropriate persons: Shift Supervisor.
- Documents all procedures and complies with quality control, infection control, physician orders and departmental policies and procedures.
- Insures that all respiratory care patient activities are properly documented in the clinical record and department workload records.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new staff and participates in peer-based clinical instruction to other members of the health care team as well as patients/families as required.
- Adheres to a proper dress code and code of conduct for all staff therapists of the Medical Center. This will include a courteous, cheerful, and efficient response to telephone, pager, and in-person inquiries from patients, visitors, and employees.
- Plans and provides patient care that is safe, compassionate, and consistent with established patient care standards.
- Provides input into the development and evaluation of patient care standards.
- Provides respiratory care consults for requesting medical staff by performing patient care assessments, including reviewing patient information and clinical data to provide recommendations for optimal therapeutic intervention.
- Administers oxygen and other gas therapy; humidity therapy; and aerosol therapy; as specified by a physician's order.
- Performs Bronchopulmonary Hygiene Therapy which may include, IPV, Cough Assist, Chest Physical Therapy (CPT) to assist broncho-pulmonary drainage and assists patients in performing hyperinflation-breathing exercises using Incentive Spirometry, EzPAP, and similar devices.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses, i.e. vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes to therapy and documents results/evaluation in the appropriate medical record.
Work Schedule: Compressed, Night Shift
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
PD/Functional Statement: Registered Respiratory Therapist, GS-8 (0000)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522141900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.