Relocation/Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.Learn more about this agency
The Medical Technologist performs, evaluates, interprets, and validates the accuracy of laboratory procedures/results using independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision. The work performed is in a variety of laboratory disciplines, such as microbiology, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, and immunohematology (blood banking).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs a broad range of laboratory procedures including all testing and tasks of the technology/medical laboratory scientist/clinical laboratory scientist occupation.
- Evaluates and solves problems related to collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis taking into account physiologic processes and requirements.
- Maintains and documents the optimal functioning of laboratory equipment. Diagnoses deviations in test performance due to instrument malfunction.
- Performs and documents quality control and assurance activities and corrective actions related to test performance using statistical principals and theories of performance improvement.
- Adheres to practices and regulations governing biosafety and biosecurity in the workplace. Identifies discrepancies, solves problems, and presents solutions.
- Evaluates and implements new techniques and procedures in the laboratory in terms of equipment, method comparison, and establishment of reference intervals using statistical methods and theoretical knowledge.
- Incorporates principals of educational methodology in the instruction and training of new employees and students and in the laboratory's in service/continuing education program.
- Communicates effectively and courteously while working as a healthcare team member.
- Organizes work and sets priorities to meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 11:00 pm to 7:00 am, weekends and/or holidays may be required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522096300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.