Learn more about this agency
*** Click on the "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT information. ***
The IMCOM G-9 mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
APG - Where innovation and imagination protect, enable, and sustain our Nation's War fighter today and tomorrow.
Applications will be referred weekly every Tuesday with the first cut-off beginning January 25 at 3:00PM
- Serves as the Lead Lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager.
- Performs life guarding duties and limited management functions. Ensures the safe operations of the pool, filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and performs water tests.
- Responsible for pool patrons' safety/health in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility. Provides maximum surveillance of pool area and rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required.
- Ensures that safety/health/admission rules and Aquatic Risk Management policies are followed.
- Responsible for teaching aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21, and assists with Shallow Water Egress Training (SWET or 'Dunker') if the equipment is available.
- Attends aquatics and/or safety training as directed. Adheres to the Customer Service Standards of the Installation. Keeps accurate records/reports and adequate supplies.
- Leads the work of other employees. Passes on to other workers instructions received from the supervisor and starts work. Distributes and balances workload assuring that each employee has enough work to keep busy.
- Answers questions of other employees on procedures, policies and directives. Provides leadership, guidance and oversight in program operations. Provides on-the-job training to new employees.
- Conducts safety/health rule briefings to groups prior to use of the pool.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522055600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.