Recruiting for an experienced highly qualified Board Certified/Board Eligible physician for the Primary Care Clinic at the Tomah Medical Center. The primary care clinic hours of operation at Tomah Medical Center are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. The Associate Chief of Staff - Medicine Service will provide the work assignments for this physician and provides professional direction. The physician will be granted clinical privileges for the VA based on his/her specific expertise.Learn more about this agency
This position will serve as the Women's Health Lead. Work will commence immediately upon completion of orientation. The physician will be required to work cooperatively with other physicians, advanced practice nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, administrative staff, and a variety of allied health professionals to deliver comprehensive health care services to veteran patients.
The medical center utilizes a computerized medical record system. The physician must be familiar with personal computers, have adequate keyboard skills to perform all data entry (progress notes and physician orders, history and physicals, discharge summaries), and be able to navigate through windows based computer programs. Training on the computerized medical record system will be provided by the medical center.
1. The physician will follow and meet all medical center policies, rules and regulations.
2. The physician is required to be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and to maintain the certification during their work at the medical center.
3. Function as a full team member of the interdisciplinary team serving patients at the VA.
4. Provide history, physical examination, diagnosis, and initiation of medical treatment.
5. Initiate and facilitate treatment and transfer in emergency situations.
6. Follow-up office visits for existing medical problems and appropriate diagnostic test and medication adjustments.
7. Referral of patients as needed to appropriate specialists, health care facilities, and coordination of home health services.
8. Document assessments and plan of care for each patient in accordance with policies and procedures.
9. Act as a consultant in clinical practice and may serve as a managing/supervising physician for physician assistants.
10. Communicate and collaborate effectively with other providers and disciplines to ensure continuity of patient care.
11. Collaborate and act as a patient advocate.
12. Maintain knowledge of new and current clinical methods.
13. Abide by all Medical Center policies and procedures.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522011800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.