Tour of Duty: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Learn more about this agency
Position Description Title/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Classification) / PD# 05122-A
Compressed/Flexible Schedules: Authorized
Recruitment and Relocation Incentives: Not Authorized
This recruitment is for one position with the VHA Service Center (VSC).
This position is virtual, the duty station will be determined upon selection. This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Human Resources Specialist (Classification) / PD# 05122-A
The Human Resources Specialist (Classification) will serve as a Classifier of VA positions and serve as an advisor to VA management officials for Workforce Management and Consulting (WMC), VHA Service Center (VSC), located in Independence, OH. Duties of the Human Resources Specialist (Classification) include:
- Classifies complex, rare, or unusual jobs, and prepares necessary documentation, in the General Schedule (GS) classification job grading system.
- Provides in-depth position classification and position management support to the agency's human resource offices which service positions in professional, scientific, research, development, administrative, technical and other fields.
- Conducts on-site or telephonic audits for difficult cases, prepares comprehensive written evaluation statements, and processes all relevant documentation.
- Provides HR, managers and employees with information and interpretations of the organization's HR Classification policies, procedures and guidelines, when the issues addressed require substantial interpretation, or when there is potential for controversy or the issue involves more than one area of HR policy.
- Ensure all applicable documentation is obtained for classification purposes.
- Determines the state of regulatory compliance, classification accuracy, and other classification program requirements.
- Reviews new or proposed HR policies, procedures and guidelines and makes recommendations to management on the need for changes in existing policies.
- Develops recommendations for changes or new organization policies and procedures.
- Analyzes the impact, feasibility, practicality, and effectiveness of existing, new, and/or proposed HR guides and regulations, programs or operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522001800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.