The incumbent works in the Cardiology section of the VA Medical Center (VAMC). The sonographer has the intimate knowledge of thoracic anatomy and physiology as related to cardiovascular function. Echocardiography technicians at this level identify and record anomolies indicative of disease, injury, or other medically significant condition from ultrasound imaging and simultaneous recordings of the Doppler.Learn more about this agency
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE EXTENDED DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICANTS
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Adequately performs full volume and LV quantification both on and offline, Mitral Valve imaging with Color Flow for pathophysiology and etiology, Aortic Valve imaging with direct planimetry measurements using QLAB Multi-plane reconstruction.
- Quantifies strain rate imaging to assess for LV dysynchrony to aid in Cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Thorough understanding of microbubble physics, instrumentation, and the application of cardiac ultrasonographic scanning techniques for the acquisition of high-quality images during contrast administration.
- Uses independent judgment in applying knowledge of clinical cardiology and ultrasound, and Doppler principles.
- Uses problem-solving skills to optimize the evaluation and adjust the exam to ensure that it is comprehensive and accurate.
- Records and interprets the result of the exam and presents information and or possible diagnosis to interpreting physician.
- Performs 2D, M-Mode, continuous and pulse wave Doppler and color flow exam.
- Performs transthoracic examinations.
- Performs stress echocardiograms with and without pharmaceuticals.
- Performs contrast enhanced exams.
- Accompanies physician to the operating room and assists with transesphogeal echoes.
- Performs related MIT duties including EKG, stress testing, administrative functions and other duties as clinically warranted.
- Independently setting, calibrating and operating of machinery.
- Understands 3DE derived left ventricular function and chamber quantification.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521995500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.