About the Position: This position is located in the Engineering and Construction Division, Construction Branch, South New Jersey Residential Engineering Office, in Vineland, New Jersey. Moving expenses are not authorized.Learn more about this agency
This is an Interdisciplinary position which may be filled under any of the following titles and occupational series:
General Engineer, GS-0801
Civil Engineer, GS-0810
Environmental Engineer, GS-0819
Mechanical Engineer, GS-0830
- You will serve as Project Engineer with responsibility for the administration, management, and engineering supervision over construction activities at a number of project sites in a major geographical area.
- Reviews or directs the review of plans and specifications for construction practicability of design and detail, shop drawings for compatibility with contract requirements, adequacy of equipment and feasibility of installation.
- Reviews or directs the review of contractor's construction schedule for proper phasing of the various trades and erection of designated construction features; and, contractor's quality control program to insure compliance with specification.
- Evaluates construction program activities to ascertain if objectives are met and that a proper and effective control over construction operations is maintained.
- Determines adequacy of government and contractor personnel progress, workmanship, equipment and materials, adequacy of inspection being performed, enforcement of safety.
- Makes final inspection before turning over constructed projects to using agency and recommends acceptance or rejection of contractor completed work.
- Personally investigates and reports on situations in controversy with contractor where formal claims by the latter may be anticipated.
- Gathers facts, insures accuracy, and checks government estimates, reports, and findings. Takes timely and effective action to prevent construction delays or work stoppages.
- Negotiates with contractor, the costs involved on requests for time extensions and additional work or changes to original contract as a result of unforeseen site conditions.
- Attends conferences with representatives of the using agency, contractor, Architect-Engineer firms, agency employees to jointly discuss and implement changes in program objectives, changes in design criteria and other controversial matters.
- May serve as an Authorized Representative of the Contracting Officer.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521920200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.