About the Position: Project Manager for the Huntington Corps of Engineers assigned to the Planning, Programs and Project Management Division,Project Management Branch.Works under general supervision of the Section Chief, who makes assignments in terms of overall objectives and any limitations on the scope of projects. Incumbent plans and carries out assignments independently, setting own priorities and coordinating work, as necessary.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Life-Cycle Project Manager, with overall responsibility for managing the planning, scoping, development, design, construction, and direction of important civil works, inter-agency, inter-governmental, and work for others projects
- Represents the District Commander, serving as the District's primary point-of-contact with sponsor/customer; MACOMs, Congressional interests, various Federal, state and local government agencies; and other external organizations.
- Assures the overall management, control, coordination and execution of assigned projects.
- Coordinates planning, design, cost-engineering, construction, and environmental restoration, etc., for engineering projects of substantial scope and complexity as measured by their diversity geographical area, varied command interests.
- Controls and manages project milestones and budgets from planning through construction and initial operations.
- Review plans, designs, and specifications prepared by others for the improvement or alteration of existing or the eventual construction of new facilities.
Occasional travel - less than 25%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521919200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.