Serves as a full assistant to the Chief, Respiratory Care Services and shares in and assists the Chief with respect to all phases of the department's activities and goals.Learn more about this agency
- Assigns and explains work requirement relative to respiratory care for new or changed programs, as well as existing programs
- Monitors day to day functioning of equipment and services, assists with purchasing supplies and equipment, provides independent input to all major decision making and program changes
- Insures compliance with physician orders, patient education and all policies and procedures within the department
- Initiates performance improvement action plans as directed by the Chief, and follows through until completion
- Assist in QA for home care patients and assists in resolving problems related to patients in the Home Oxygen Program
- Assists the Chief, in the management and supervision of all [14-20] subordinate employees to insure appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory care to all patients
- Keep shift supervisors and staff therapists informed of matters that affect them and has authority to prepare and follow-up on actions for most supervisory personnel functions
- Has primary responsibility for preparing the 24/7 staff work schedule. Maintains, implements and modifies as necessary staff work schedule to meet the needs of the department in providing all required patient care activities
- Makes recommendations for promotion, special advancements, reassignments, awards, and when appropriate disciplinary action of subordinate staff therapists
- Identifies and assists the Chief in providing for developmental and training needs (in-service teaching and training) of the respiratory therapy staff.
- Provides orientation and training to new staff and provides clinical instruction to other members of the health care team with regard to respiratory care policies and procedures.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8a-4:30p
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521897200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.