***As of 1/24/2019, the closing date of this announcement has been extended until 2/1/2019***Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Office of Operations (OO), Office of Information Technology (OIT). The duty location for this position is Rockville, MD.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
This position is a mission critical occupation and is responsible for the analysis of system and/or security requirements, the development and implementation of mission critical applications for the agency's Information Technology operations.
As the Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO) for OIT, you serve as a principal advisor to the CIO and other senior executives on all substantive matters pertaining to HRSA's information technology operations and security services.
Specifically, you will,
- Direct the work of Division Directors and other IT Specialists subordinates to deliver high availability IT Infrastructure and software application support.
- Develop and maintain ongoing strategic plans for enterprise IT programs that have measurable outcome objectives to ensure quality performance and service delivery to support HRSA's mission.
- Perform budgeting and contract management for IT infrastructure services.
- Establish IT governance that complies with OMB's IT Capital Investment and Control (CPIC), HRSA, HHS, and NIST regulations.
- Implement security mitigation techniques to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization's information, information systems, and IT infrastructure and applications in accordance with policies, procedures, security techniques, and Federal regulations.
25% or less - Up to 25% of travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521837100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.