This position is located in the Office of Registration & Safety Information (MC-RS) under the Associate Administrator for Research & Information Technology (MC-R), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).Learn more about this agency
As a Transportation Specialist, you will:
- Respond to questions and inquiries from motor carriers, their representatives, and the general public regarding all aspects of commercial motor carrier registration and licensing functions, and operating authority registration.
- Support the Team in applying the applicant's information to FMCSA’s registration databases.
- Review, analyze, and process applications for operating authority and requests for name and address changes filed by existing or new passenger carrier and household goods motor carriers, brokers, and freight forwarders or their representatives.
- Support agency program initiatives and priority activities, including application review and vetting processes, changes to FMCSA forms, and implementation of various legislative, statutory, and other rulemaking requirements.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to and works with field and contractor staff and other team members on matters involving enforcement data collection, transmission, quality control, completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and consistency.
- Advise customers of requirements and procedures to resolve problems and recommend appropriate courses of action to resolve discrepancies.
- Perform motor carrier, broker, and freight forwarder application processing through reviewing the application for correctness, completeness, and consistency with the FMCSA's operational safety fitness policy, including evidence of adequate financial responsibility.
The ideal candidate is a mid-career transportation professional capable of providing effective customer service support to motor carriers, insurance companies, financial institutions, and members of the general public regarding aspects of commercial motor carrier registration, licensing functions, and motor carrier operating authority. Applicants must possess effective oral and written skills, researching skills, and be capable of paying attention to details involved in the reviewing, analyzing, and processing of applications. Applicants should be comfortable representing the agency to state and local officials and the general public.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521816000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.