The intent of this announcement is to establish a standing register of qualified candidates.Learn more about this agency
The cut off dates of this announcement are listed below. On or shortly after each of these dates, a certificate will be sent to the selecting official of all eligible applicants that have applied on or before that date.
March 13, 2019
March 27, 2019
April 10, 2019
April 24, 2019
The Nursing Assistant (CNA/NA) assigned to the Community Living Center (CLC) has education and skill necessary to provide clinical support for the care of the adult and geriatric Resident. The CNA/NA performs all duties under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant may be assigned clinical and non-clinical duties. Work assignments may consist of clinical and environmental tasks. The CNA/NA possesses the personal qualities, desire and attitude necessary to adapt to rapidly changing demands on time. The CNA/NA performs all duties under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting providers and nurses in the performance of diagnostic examinations by performing duties such as monitoring vital signs, preparing and positioning the patient, or by performing a variety of routine diagnostic tests such as obtaining routine urinalysis, clean catch urines, and stool specimens.
- Assists in the care and treatment of residents.
- Observes and reports to the professional nurse changes in behavior.
- Uses good communication skills in dealing with Residents.
- Provide a full range of patient care to complex Residents with a variety of physical and/or behavioral problems including personal nursing care, support duties and treatments.
- Preparing Residents for transport to procedures by obtaining oxygen tanks or other needed equipment.
- Maintain Resident privacy.
- Performs direct patient support work including personal patient care and/or basic patient education.
- Cleans bedside tables, stocks linen, cleans wheelchairs and other direct resident care equipment using appropriate precautions.
- Maintains a safe/clean work environment.
Work Schedule: 8 hour shifts - Most shifts require fair and equitable rotation; shift to be determined by hiring Nurse Manager. Tour of duty subject to change at the discretion of the department.
Eligible for Shift Differential: Yes (10% for weekday nights, 25% for weekend days & 35% for weekend nights)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521796200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.