About the Position: Serves as an Engineer or Architect for a large project in the Saint Louis area. The N2W Program involves large and complex Military Construction projects estimated at nearly $1 Billion in total construction cost. Incumbent will Exercises professional knowledge of engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to the full range of engineering duties concerned with construction standards and the Corps of Engineers criteria and policies.Learn more about this agency
- Provides day-to-day direction for lower-graded engineers, construction representatives, and/or technicians concerning the operations of the program.
- Performs design engineer duties including review of design submittals, shop drawings, and preparing response to contractor inquiries.
- Assist with cost estimates in connection with modifications and approved claims.
- Takes part in design review conferences, reviews preliminary designs, plans and specifications following and prior to advertisement for compliance with applicable codes and contract documents.
- Reviews for practicability, anticipated physical obstructions and other technical concerns or construction difficulties and availability of selected materials.
- Provides oversight, design experience and inspection of construction operations to ensure proper quality and quantity of material and equipment, workmanship, adequacy of contractor's methods.
- Ensures work is carried out in accordance with contract documents.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521767000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.