About the Position: You will serve as the Chief, Planning and Policy, the leader of the Planning and Policy Community of Practice for the Southwestern Division and the Director of the national Planning Center of Expertise for Water Management and Reallocation Studies. This is a temporary promotion/reassignment not to exceed 2 years and may be extended for up to a total of 5 years without further competition. See "Additional Information" for details on Return Rights.Learn more about this agency
- Ensuring the effective utilization of water and related land resources to meet the needs and missions of the district.
- Directing special investigations that are being conducted at a division or district level such as Flood Plain, Management Services, Planning Assistance to States, and the Continuing Authorities Programs.
- Coordinating processes for production of complex technical study for new and continuing Civil Works projects.
- Collaborating with local and state agencies and stakeholders in developing innovative solutions to water resources problems.
- Coordinating with HQ, division and/or district leaders to resolve execution issues related to programming, budgeting and funding requirements.
- Advising districts on evaluating project and program execution and performance in an orderly, economic and timely manner.
- Formulating policy and procedural statements to the districts regarding water resource issues.
- Issuing policy and procedural guidance regarding management of General and Special Investigation.
- Flood plain management services planning assistance to states and/or the continuing authorities programs.
- Assigning work to employees based on project priorities, difficulty of assignments and employee capabilities.
- Ensuring appropriate quality management principles are incorporated into all aspects of work in an organization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521757300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.