If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than a top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked in the top 5 in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings.
Learn more about this agency
This is a SPRING/SUMMER 2019 internship position.
The position is located in the Human Resources Division of the Office of the Executive Director and reports to the Chief of Employee Acquisitions and Operations. The Commission’s entry-level recruiting and staffing team members develop strong relationships at colleges and universities that provide a quality applicant pool. Additionally the team is responsible for the onboarding, orientation, and development of interns and new employees as well as the hiring of all Commission employees. The internship coordinator works with managers throughout the Commission to ensure the success of the summer internship program and meet the goal of converting 40% of the interns into full time employees after graduation. The Intern Coordinator is responsible for putting together a summer program that is educational, provides networking opportunities and gives students a real feel for the work of a federal agency.
In addition to coordinating the summer internship program, other activities will include the following:
• Building relationships on campus, marketing FERC as an “Employer of Choice”, providing feedback to program managers and referring candidates for entry-level positions throughout the Commission.
• Creating and implementing programs designed to increase retention rates of recent hires. Some examples of this are mentoring and outreach programs.
At time of application, applicant must submit proof of current enrollment in a degree-seeking program. If selected, applicant must provide proof of continuing education through either the Summer or Fall 2019 semesters.
These positions are temporary, they may be converted to a full time, career-conditional position. Any conversions to full time or career-conditional status is neither implied nor guaranteed. The Major Duties of this position are:
- Provide program leadership, monitoring and manage a diverse team of student employees.
- Work collaboartivelty with managers to ensure summer program students are actively engaged in relevant projects.
- Develop program goals, objectives and recommendations
- Provide administrative support for Human Resources Division
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521682900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.