The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is open and continuous, applications will be reviewed periodically.
This position is assigned to the Nursing Service Line of the Eastern Oklahoma VA Health Care System (EOVAHCS), which is located at the Ernest Childers Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Tulsa, OK.
Some of the duties in this series include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing a full range of nursing care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavioral problems.
- Ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to use sound judgment to prioritize work assignment based on patient needs, review appointment schedule to assist in maintaining access for patients, and provide input into the scheduling process by prioritizing patient according to urgent or chronic.
- Functions independently in the complex environment with acute care experience and must be able to adapt to the constant changing environment.
- Collaborates with other multi-disciplinary teams in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care for meeting the needs of assigned patients.
- Knowledge of electronic health care record keeping.
- Knowledge of working with Excel, Word and Adobe reporting formats.
- Collaborates with physicians and ancillary services in planning and implementing the patient's plan of care.
- S(H)e demonstrates knowledge and competencies in technical and operational knowledge and is able to apply these skills in the clinical setting.
- Knowledge of common medical conditions include cardiac, respiratory, infectious disease, renal, hematology, endocrine, psychiatric, and oncology disease processes.
- Completes an initial (triage) assessment and all ongoing assessments.
- The RN is responsible for the delivery of fundamental, knowledge-based care to assigned patients while developing technical competencies.
- The RN must complete mandatory and annual competencies for equipment and procedures, adhere to unit-based protocols, maintain a current BLS certification, and work collaboratively with other disciplines in the Medical Center.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, additional coverage may be required for extended clinic hours and weekends.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521677500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.