The incumbent supports the operation of the Nutrition and Food Service Department. The position reports to the Food Service Supervisor who assigns the work. Incumbent will follow set procedures and will function in one or more functional areas of the kitchen, such as: food preparation, dish and pot washing, dry and refrigerated storage and receiving, and the serving line.Learn more about this agency
- Cleaning walk-in refrigerators and freezers in a food service or food handling organization.
- Handling and storing sanitized dishes, glasses and silverware for public use.
- Making sandwiches using prepared ingredients.
- Portioning food items into standard serving sizes using the proper utensils and containers.
- Assembling and tossing fresh fruit or green salads in large quantities for public consumption.
- Brewing coffee in a restaurant/commercial size coffee maker.
- Scouring and scrubbing heavy cooking utensils such as mixing bowls and pots.
- Loading and operating a continuous conveyor belt feeding dishwasher.
- Setting up steam-tables with hot and cold food items.
- Sweeping and mopping floors repetitively in high traffic areas such as corridors, entry ways, cafeterias and other areas.
- Moving kitchen equipment such as stand mixers, weight scales and meat slicers to clean spaces behind and under such equipment.
- Delivering meals, which may include hot foods and liquids, to patients' bedsides or patrons.
- Emptying trashcans containing food scraps and waste.
- Work Schedule: 5 Days per week, Shift Work - Weekends and Holidays may be required; 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM OR 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker PD# 51336
Work Schedule: 5 Days per week, Shift Work - Weekends and Holidays required; Tour of Duty to be discussed at interview
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker PD# 51336
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521653200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.