You will serve as a PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST in the Corporate Communications Department of NAVAL SEA SYSTEMS COMMAND.Learn more about this agency
- You will design, plan, and direct or advise the public affairs program in an agency, or organization within an agency.
- You will develop and disseminate informational materials to the general public or specialized target groups within a domestic or foreign setting.
- You will develop alternative communication strategies that enable the agency to establish and maintain mutual understanding with the general public or other specialized publics.
- You will develop new strategies, methods, and communication plans covering the spectrum of organization programs.
- You will advance the successful achievement of major programs, impacting the social and economic well-being of people in the groups affected by continued efficient operation of these programs.
- You will present information on a wide variety of complex/scientific subjects using the full array of written and oral presentation formats and techniques.
- You will establish and maintain effective working relationships in achieving understanding with groups indifferent to or having opposing points of view to programs and policies.
- You will provide recommendations on the formulation and articulation of agency policy in communicating agency programs more effectively.
- You will develop new ways of gathering input from a variety of individuals and groups with conflicting views and interests.
- You will develop and initiate varied approaches and strategies in communicating agency objectives to groups opposed or indifferent to agency programs.
- You will consult for management on potential public reaction to proposed policies.
- You will plan, organize, and evaluate communication strategies, programs, and materials.
- You will coordinate and liaise with internal and external customers across a broad spectrum of government employees, military members, consultants, contractors, other government organizations, or private industry.
- You will take into account the costs/risks associated with operations of extremely complicated services, equipment, software or unique components.
- You will provide information of particular value and interest to agency employees.
- You will establish and maintain effective working relationships with all media, foreign and domestic, and develop and disseminate informational material to pertinent publics through the media.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521620100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.