The Cincinnati VAMC is seeking two full-time Primary Care Physicians. The primary care physicians provide clinical examinations, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic diseases, preventive care, and coordination of care for a panel of primary care patients. The physicians refer to specialists when additional input and treatment outside of the scope of the physician's experience and training is required. The physician monitors PACT teamlet performance to assess adherence to VA standards.Learn more about this agency
The duties of the Primary Care Physicians include:
- Providing ongoing medical care consistent with hospital policy to patients with acute and chronic health problems.
- Partnering with community physicians, inpatient physicians, and the emergency department to provide coordination and continuity of care.
- Working as a team with services including pharmacy, social work, mental health, and nutrition to provide comprehensive care.
- Referring patients to specialists when additional input is desired and required for symptom and disease management.
- Providing preventative medical care including screening and vaccinations.
- Possessing excellent communication skills, being able to elicit cooperation from others, and developing positive relationships with primary care (PACT) team members and hospital staff. This includes interacting in person, via email, phone, medical chart, and other forms of communication.
- Collaborating with mental health and specialty personnel in the ongoing management of mutual patients.
- Monitoring team performance to assess adherence to VA standards, assuring quality and effectiveness of care, and meeting VA performance measures.
- Responding to patient inquiries that arise from daily practice, through the Patient Advocate, through the Front Office, and by Congressional action.
- Participating in administrative duties including peer review, hospital committees, performance improvement, and other duties as assigned.
- Providing outstanding customer service, utilizing the VA ICARE (Integrity, Respect, Excellence) principles and maintaining professional behavior and attitude at all times
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
One position is located in Cincinnati, OH and one is located in Clermont County.
This announcement establishes an open continuous announcement of eligible applicants to be considered for this position. The What Happens Next area of the announcement provides additional information on the referral process for this type of announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521574300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.