The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Senior Contracts Specialist and is responsible for providing professional advice and assistance to procurement specialists and others in the procurement of goods and services for the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer and the U.S. House of Representatives. Responsibilities also include contract formation and award, contract administration and closure, priority acquisitions, serving as a focal point on procurement matters for designated program offices, and assigned acquisition related projects.
1. For such program offices as may be designated by the Chief Procurement Officer and Director to serve as primary point of contact on acquisition matters and issues, and assist with procurement planning.
2. Function as a resource person, providing advice and assistance to the Contract Specialists, Purchasing Agents and other Acquisition staff in the performance of their duties, to include reviewing work products, as required, and the provision of senior level support on priority acquisition items.
3. Take the lead on particular acquisition projects, as assigned by the Director.
4. Take the lead in contract formation including development of Requests for Proposals, Invitations for Bids, and Requests for Quotations. Actions include developing recommended strategies and timelines for conducting acquisitions, reviewing Statements of Work, conducting pre-proposal conferences and request s for information/sources sought, and coordinating evaluations.
5. Ensure compliance of acquisitions with the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Services for the U.S. House of Representatives, the User's Guide to Setting Up an Office, and such other guidance and direction as may be issued from time to time by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Deputy CAO. Assistant CAO, Director, Manager, and/or the Committee on House Administration (CHA).
6. Serve as contract specialist on designated contracts and as liaison to the corresponding Contracting Officer’s Representatives. Monitor contracts for proper administration and compliance, and ensure that information and documentation in the Official Contract Files are complete, accurate and up-to-date.
7. Approve purchase orders up to delegated authority, assuring that required documentation is maintained for all awards.
8. Respond to and implement external audit recommendations, as assigned, and assist in the performance of internal procurement management audits.
9. Assist in drafting and updating procedures, manuals, and other pertinent acquisition documents, as required.
10. Participate in designing and implementing proposed improvements to procurement, purchasing, and contract administration functions and processes, in support of the CAO Vision and Goals.
11. Provide professional support to the Chief Procurement Officer and Director in the execution of his/her duties and responsibilities, and perform such other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521484000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.