About the Position: An ideal candidate will have experience in contaminated site investigation and remediation using Federal/State regulations and guidance. Possess knowledge of sampling, chemistry, remediation, and excellent interpersonal, written and customer service skills.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with 10 USC § 1705(g).
- This is a developmental position; duties listed below will be performed in a developmental capacity at the GS-09 grade level. At the full performance, GS-11, the incumbent will:
- Performs a variety of duties related to hazardous, toxic and radiologic waste (HTRW), unsafe buildings or debris or chemical/petrochemical contaminated sites throughout Alaska.
- Work primarily relates to environmental project quality assurance oversight, initiating schedule and cost changes, work plan reviews, and submittal reviews.
- Performs and coordinates quality assurance management, site investigations, remedial investigations/feasibility studies, risk assessments, remedial designs, and Environmental removal actions.
- Supports field investigations by collecting soil, sediment, surface, or ground water samples, interpreting data, or providing quality assurance oversight of remediation contractors.
50% or less - Temporary Travel is required up to 30%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521479500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.