The Primary Care LPN provides direct support in planning, designing, integrating, implementing, modifying and administering the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model of healthcare delivery and Relationship Based Care. The LPN provides nursing care requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences to groups and individuals.Learn more about this agency
He/she is under the direction of a registered nurse/primary care provider and administratively responsible and accountable to the clinic Nurse Manager or designee. For individuals assigned laboratory duties, the LPN will receive matrix oversight by the Ancillary Testing Coordinator. Additional responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
- Prepares and administers medications, as outlined in policy and procedure manuals.
- Performs assigned technical procedures; e.g., weights, blood pressures, pulse, temperatures, and the like.
- Assists with diagnostic or therapeutic procedures in the clinic.
- Participates in the admission, transfer and discharge of the patient.
- Provides for the safety and comfort of the patient/resident.
- Provides for continuity of care in instructing patients about equipment, laboratory needs, and procedures to be performed prior to next visit, and explains to the patient and their families/significant others medication instructions and how medicine can affect disease processes.
- Provides instructions on physical limitations or enhancements of physical activity to promote better outcomes for the patient.
- Instructs patient on procedures to be performed; e.g., CT scams, Doppler studies, ultrasound, etc.
- Contributes to PAC huddles and interdisciplinary care team meetings/conferences. Contributes subjective and objective data to the nursing care regimen.
- Completes clinical reminders that are due, completes appropriate documentation regarding patient care provided and assist in completion of forms for patients.Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
This is a Bargaining Unit position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521477800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.