The Nurse Manager, Primary Care Clinics is a registered nurse who assures coordination of care within primary care and specialty care at the VA Medical Center. He/she coordinates services for Veterans throughout the spectrum of care and works closely with Specialty Care and other Services to arrange care of Veterans in all the Medical Specialty Clinics, collaborating with external disciplines when necessary to assure a smooth and timely transition back to Primary Care Services.Learn more about this agency
This is a continuous posting until filled. First cut off date for applicants to be screened is 1/31/19
- Collects assess data based on patient signs, symptoms and history.
- Provides health care advice to patients and family members seeking advice, utilizing the nursing process and triage protocol and policies.
- Develops a plan of care using information from the patient, family, and or provider.
- Completes required documentation assuring that it is reflective of patient needs.
- Is familiar with and knowledgeable about disease process.
- Completes work assignments within established time frames; adapts to changes in or additions to work assignments including cross covering other specialty clinics whenever necessary; reprioritizes as necessary.
- Maintains current emergency training and can instantly report responsibilities of position in the event of emergency.
- Reports any problems with coworkers or patients to Chief Nurse of Primary Care, if unable resolve.
- Completes mandatory training, updates, memo/minutes updates and annual training updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Nurse including cross-coverage to other Nurse Managers overseeing regular PACT teams, Urgent Care and Telephone Advice Nurse.
- The RN Nurse Manager is a leader in the clinic and may collaborate with core team, and responsible for collaborating with services, both internal and external to the VA to facilitate care.
- The RN Nurse Manager provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, and wellness, based on the patient's goals and preference to include Telehealth modalities.
- Serves in a role to support Telehealth clinical programs across the system.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521474300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.