About the Position: This position is located with the: US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, SACRAMENTO DISTRICT, CONSTRUCTION DIVISION.Learn more about this agency
Position may be filled under one of the following position titles:
-Civil Engineer (0810)
-Civil Engineer (Structural) (0810)
-Environmental Engineer (0819)
-Mechanical Engineer (0830)
-Electrical Engineer (0850)
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Incumbent performs professional engineering work on Military Construction, selected Civil Works, Work for Others and HTRW projects.
- Position serves as engineer responsible for managing the Quality Assurance and Control (QA/QC) System under which the construction of assigned projects is accomplished.
- Responsible for thorough implementation of the government QA Program.
- Reviews contractor submittals and recommends approval.
- Assist in preparation of Project Management Plans (PMP) and changes to the PMP baseline scope, schedule and budget.
- Prepares data and reports for purposes of providing progress status to other Resident and District Office elements and customers' organizations.
- Makes investigations and site visits to develop solutions to problems related to design and differing site conditions encountered during construction, using engineering and industry handbooks, agency and customer technical manuals and bulletins as guidance.
- Plans, schedules, monitors and controls the full range of construction operations at the Project Office.
- Maintains continual surveillance over construction operations and takes appropriate action to correct conditions that appear to be potentially hazardous, impair the safety of the worker, or in any manner cause damage or loss of government or contractor property.
Occasional travel - Business Travel or TDY (Temporary Duty Travel) is approximately 20%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521470600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.