About the Position: serves as single point of contact for assigned District or program and performs the planning and program execution functions of the MVD, Programs Directorate, requiring an extensive knowledge of planning, program and project management concepts, principles, methods, and practices.Learn more about this agency
This position will be located in Vicksburg, MS and will allow for situational telework only. This position is NOT eligible for Full time telework.
- Serve as a Mississippi Valley Division (MVD) Action Officer and Program Manager.
- Provide staff expertise to the District throughout the life cycle of all types of Civil Works studies and projects, with principal responsibility for Command and Control, Regional Interface, Program Management, and Quality Assurance.
- Coordinate QA teams in production of feasibility reports w/ technical appendixes, Feasibility Cost Sharing Agreements, analyze efforts and provide guidance to PM's in application of legislation, executive orders, Army regs, policies/procedures.
- Coordinate resolution of study and project issues with the District, with MVD, and with HQUSACE.
- Assure that policies are applied consistently. Obtains and provides interim guidance pending full policy development.
- Disseminates and coordinates implementation of planning, program, project and budgetary guidance.
- Coordinate regional needs and capabilities among districts, other Major Subordinate Commands, and other agencies.
- Perform program execution for assigned studies and projects. Reviews and proposes legislation.
- Supports assigned District in implementing guidance and procedures on legislative matters.
- Coordinates District input on draft policy, identifies policy needs, and proposes appropriate changes.
- Assures policy implementation at MVD level is within decision authority. Facilitates resolution of policy issues.
- Coordinates QA activities for reports on Mississippi River Commission (MRC) and MVD for assigned district pertaining to multi-disciplinary planning efforts that address national water and related resource needs.
Occasional travel - Business travel may be up to 10% annually.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521455400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.