This position is located in the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and U.S. Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy (S/GAC). S/GAC oversees the implementation of the U.S. Government’s international HIV/AIDS efforts and ensures program and policy coordination among the relevant USG agencies and departments. This position serves as a budget analyst providing the full range of budget formulation, execution, and oversight.Learn more about this agency
- At the GS-12 level, the incumbent performs essentially the same duties as outlined below however, the scope and complexity of assignments are of less responsibility and independence, and receive closer supervision than at the GS-13 level.
- Develops the budget(s) for the assigned budget area, including the formulation, justification, and presentation, assessing planned and anticipated program initiatives and activities.
- Provides budget oversight, control, and execution, actively pursuing information and data needed to perform work and reviewing requests for accuracy, adequacy, and conformance with budgetary policy and guidelines.
- Develops analyses in order to recommend changes in funding and budget plans, highlighting the impact recommendations may have on programs, projects, and activities.
- Supports and provides advice, guidance, and recommendations on the entire budget process of assigned area(s) to program officials and other managers, both orally and in writing.
- Represents the office at conferences and meetings within the interagency and elsewhere, reporting back to the supervisor.
Occasional travel - 20% of the time, Domestic and Overseas
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521454800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.